Re: [A/S] F-350 PSD

In a message dated 1/12/01 2:14:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, oscore@isd.net
writes:

<< I have been thinking that I will buy a 31' airstream and that an F-250 PSD
would be the ideal tow for it.  Does the F350 do it better? >

I'm not Matt, but the F-250 will do it fine.  Of course, my F-250 is really a
350 (so I'm told) because it has the tow package and the camper package...
which means extra leaf springs and heavy duty stuff.... I have looked and my
truck matches more 350s underneath than 250s.

< And how about duals in back?  I've heard that can sometimes be a
disadvantage because of the extra width and/or harshness of the ride.  >

You don't need a dually..... they give extra support for goosenecks and fifth
wheels....  350s come with or without duals.

< And I know Hunter has the crew cab with full 8 foot box - <

Actually I have the 6.75 foot bed..... with the crew cab.  It's near
impossible to make a uturn in this truck.  Not sure why, have been told
because of the 4WD. Every parking space in a mall is a 3 point turn.

My friend has a 1 ton Chevy with crew cab and 8 foot bed and the truck turns
in much smaller radius than mine. Go figure.

Hunter