Re: [A/S] towing

Each to there own I tow a 24ft tradewind I do not use a ny type of leaveling
hitch I drop it on the ball and air up the shocks to level the truck. I have
towed about15k miles with the airstream with no provlems. I used to tow with
a 3/4ton suberan and used the same system. I delivered sail boats for my
company the trailers had surge breaks and therefore no leveling hitch could
be used these boats were high profileand weighed between 3500lb and6500lb
depending on the model. I travled in the excess of 200k miles.
vnder all conditions with no provlems. the secret is that I have at least 20%
of the weight on the hitch. I always travel with the water tank full and the
rear holding tanks empty. If the trailer is light on the toungh it can be
unmageable.
I would not reccomend that any one do as I do but for me I can see no reason
to for some of the ulteral expencive hitches.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind (The Silver Ablatross)
!992 Dodge 250 cummings diesel,