Re: [A/S] Reese Hitch

I have had the opportunity of the last two years to pull a number of
Airstreams back and forth across the West. The roads have been a good cross
section of narrow 2 lane and Interstate.The trailers have ranged from a 19'
Bambi to a 1998 34' Excella. I have pulled most of the time with an Eaz Lift
equalizer hitch. It is similar design to the Reese. On two occasions, once
with a 30' and once with a 34' I was able to pull with a Hensley. My tow
vehicle is a 1990 F250HD extended cab pickup. Since the early 70's I have
pulled both Airstream and SOB's over a wide range of road conditions for
many miles.
I can honestly say that the Hensley does improve the towing experience. Many
things that we do in life require some training and experience before we can
do them safely and comfortably. Towing is no different. It is my feeling
that a hitch like the Hensley significantly shortens the learning curve.
When towing,  the Hensley give a greater feel of "oneness" with the trailer.
I have described it as towing on rails. Every thing stays were it should be.
Most of the typical equalizer hitches, Reese, Eaz Lift, or Drawtite allow
more horizontal flex at the hitch which makes the tow feel less rigid.
In recent years there have been new hitches showing up on the market that
address the sway problem so prominent in Hensley's ad's. The verdict is
still out on the new stuff. It does suggest that it is a growing area of
concern all hitch manufacturers need to speak to.

Charlie