Re: [A/S] Reese Hitch

Don, Mary and other Listees,

I've had both Reese dual cam system and Hensley.

I pulled a 31' A/S with the Reese with dual cam sway control.  The Reese
pulled good....had no issues with it except every now and again it would let
out a bang  while going slowly through a campground or maneuvering in a gas
station, etc.  It was just the cams slipping....or not slipping.  They are
good and I felt very comfortable pulling with it.

One day, while in the desert of northern TX, a dust devil, (small twister)
almost tipped over the trailer and tow vehicle directly in front of me.  It
came across the highway right to left and I didn't feel in command from that
point on.  We had another one hit us....not so hard on the same trip in NM
and with some warning.  It is scary.

From that point, I knew I was going to be pulling a lot more and possibly in
conditions like that, and wanted the best $ can buy....and they had a
special where you could pay it off over a year with no interest.

I like the Hensley better because at no time do I ever feel like I am not in
control 100%.  I have towed in cross winds, tropical storms, etc. and it is
just unbelievable.

I then bought a 34' A/S which I towed from OK to MA with a Reese-dual cam
system, (because it came with it).  It pulled great, and then I put the
Hensley on it and I again, feel great.

I have since sold the Reese systems.

To each his/her own.  When I see someone towing with a hitch other than a
Hensley, I wish they could experience what I do....because they'd see the
difference and enjoy the safety and satisfaction both my wife and I do.

Good Luck and Happy New Year.

Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net
mailto:wbcci@gis.net