Re: [A/S] Thor Industries Financial Condition

<<  I certainly want to see Airstream survive but it seems that the company
is going to have to produce units that younger couples and families can
afford in order to do so for the long term.>>

The thing is...Airstream sells virtually every trailer they make.... as I
understand it they can hardly keep up with the demand.

I don't think Airstream is in toruble.... I just think they are not as
lucrative for some dealers... they can sell alot more SOBs than one Airstream.

Kind of like having Chevys and a Rolls Royce....... the dealer will sell a
bunch more of the Chevys, but there will always be a market for the Rolls too.

From what I can gather the dealers are also dropping because A/S/Thor treats
them poorly, which is a different problem entirely.  Things like they make
them pay for parts up front..... which is rare with a manufacturer and a
dealer...meanwhile, the customer (us) waiting for the part has to wait for
the dealer to pay for it for it to be shipped....

Now, in fairness to A/S/Thor, it's possible that in that particular case the
dealer was not the best about paying bills and A/S had to resort to that.

Charlie would know if that's ALL dealers or an isolated incident.

Hunter