[A/S] 2001 Airstreams available, Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Oh yes, Airstream is still in business.  Check out this site for floor plans
and models.

http://www.can-am-rv.com

I know there are other sites, and the group will inundate you with them,
too.  Enjoy.

As for opinions, we all have our own.  In the early '90's they made some
square models, with fiber glass front and end caps.  PERSONALLY, I think
these are the worst looking change Airstream ever did. ! ! They also laid
down the tanks and hid then under a fiberglass cover.  Really nice looking
as far as streamlining goes.  I like the tucked corners of the '70's.  I
like the liquid tanks over the axles; '73 and on, instead of at the ends
(earlier models), just for center of gravity and weight distribution, thing.
Somewhere in there they moved the spare tire underneath the front A-frame.
Also a neat idea, I think.  As stated earlier by someone (sorry, forgot
name) the work ethic in the factories and such, can determine quality, thru
the years.  The '70's units had some benefits, like laminates which are easy
to clean.  The late '60's have a lot of wood, which can be very pretty, but
(maybe) harder to maintain.  The '50's have style, retro, and whatever else
going for them.  We all have our favorites.

Cruise the sites, and see what options you like.