[a/s] Repairs, warranties et al

As a followup on Sandy Noyes' postings of 26 July - 18 August, list
members may be interested in our recent experiences at Jackson Center
(we are fortunate in living very close to the factory).

Pursuant to a long-standing appointment, we pulled our Safari over to
Jackson Center on Friday, 22 September.  They replaced the original
furnace with a larger one (Atwood), along with doing several lesser
repairs.  The next Friday, 29 September, we towed it back, and in the
evening turned on the furnace, just to check -- nothing happened; total
silence.  Switch, breaker, and 12 v fuses all were intact, and there was
12 v at the thermostat; there was no manual.  Sunday, 1 October, we
towed it back and left it.

Tuesday, 3 October, a/s phoned to let us know the coach was ready, and
we picked it up that evening.  Furnace now worked fine, though the
installation turned out to be noisier than we would have preferred.
Otherwise, no problems -- maintained toasty interior as winter
approached and temperatures dropped, and we took several weekend trips
without incident.

8:30 PM Friday, 17 November, as I was sitting doing my email, the
furnace suddenly just stopped.  Again, switch, breaker, and 12 v fuses
all were intact, and there was 12 v at the thermostat.  Needless to say,
I notified Mr. Mayse by email, towed it back Sunday, 19 November, and
left it in a very inconvenient spot, with a detailed note duplicating
the email and pointing out that the coach had not been winterized.
Monday night the temperatures plunged to 13 above.  A phone call to Mr.
Mayse on Tuesday disclosed that no one had looked at the coach or the
email.

Needless to say, our planned Thanksgiving was cancelled, leaving me
enough time to post this note.  I will update the list as progress
occurs.

				-- Lew #4239
'72 Safari
bicycle +