Campground Theft - was RE: [A/S] Grrr! (a long story)

Sorta the same thing happened to me.  We were seasonal campers and left our
boat trailers up in an unsupervised field.  I went to pull the boat out one
day and saw that somebody had tried to steal my trailer.  It had this
old-fashioned kinda latch on the tongue and had to be lifted then pulled
back.  Well - since some thieves are entirely clueless, when it wouldn't go
back (to latch) this jackass took a rock to it - thereby breaking the
latching mechanism entirely *sigh*.  Since it was an old trailer, and hitch
parts weren't available anymore (and the dang thing was welded on) I ended
up cutting off 6" of the tongue and bolting a new socket on....

I'm not a real big security guy, but I'm learning.

Oh, well...