[A/S] Another questions electrical - power cord

Had an electric line ran to the unit, the contractor put in a matching plug
and did a great job, wanted to move the unit - of course rain and snow made
the ground so soft that moving it was out of the question, left it on the
gravel and planks - of course, and you guessed it, the power cord from the
trailer to the box was about 4 feet short - ok no prob build my own heavy
duty extension, ran 10 miles uptown to ag center - described the plug -
bought female and male ends and heavy duty outdoor cable.  At a cost that I
almost said what?  $40.00 for each plug!!  Anyway, figure ok, it's only 2pm,
can get back. make the cord, hook up the electric, figure out to fire up the
furnance all before nightfall.  Yeah right, get back, the 50 amp plugs all
had straight bars, no round ground.  Ok, back to the Ag Center, oh did I
mention two wheel drive truck, no weight in the bed, back gravel roads,
hills, and the roads are snow covered and it is snowing? Plus throw in first
day of deer season - fun fun fun.  Anyway no plugs to be had, closest was
adapters to rv outlets - thank God they had both male and female adapters -
last one of each - ok so we are set, have a regular very heavy duty
extension, and we have power, for now.  The question is, where can I get the
"rv" style plugs to make my own extension cord?  Dont feel like chopping the
power cord in half and extending it.  Any ideas?  Thanks