[A/S] Winterizing

Well, I need some help.  I have a 1984 Excella 270 Motorhome.  I
looked throughout the manual in connection with winterizing, and I
finally located a little grey valve under the sink which I think is
supposed to empty the fresh water tank.  I also, after much
struggling and searching,  (getting my forearms all scratched up)
found two little grey valves in the back of toilet against the
exterior wall of the motorhome which I suppose are supposed to drain
the toilet, washbasin and shower.   I understand there is also a
valve somewhere on the toilet, but I never found that one.
NOW for the punch line - How does one open these little grey valves.
Nothing in the Users manuel tells one how to open these valves - I
spin the handles around and around - try to pull them up and try to
push them down - nothing I do will open them and let the water out
Help Help Help .  Also they say in the manual that there is a drain
plub on back of gas heater - None that I can see - Also I am told
that I need to drain the water pump -- but dont tell you how Help Hel
[p