Re: [A/S] First and last caravan.-additions

Just today I was reading the Vintage newsletter about the goal to travel the
Cape Town to Cairo route in 2009 for the 50th anniv of the original.  Your
experience makes such a thing seem tremendously daunting.

To add some fun sections to this, let me add my experiences:

I spent three years traveling from Florida to the Klondike, the Yukon, the
Arctic Ocean, and to Maine and San Diego, over the Golden Gate Bridge,
touching wheels on no less than 49 states in North America.  After 140,000
miles, my Toyota 4Runner and Excella Classic are still performing like
champs. Were it not for the width problems I have heard about I would take it
to Europe, such faith I have in my Airstream. I named it " Booda " after
someone saw it from the rear (it is a newer model widebody) and said it
looked like the round, rolly polly Buddha we know from Asia.

I feel for those who have had different experiences, but mine will forever
remain precious to me and my companions.

Sincerely,

Robert
1997 Excella Classic