[A/S] mousetrap recommendation

I just thought I'd offer my personal recommendation for a mousetrap.

I've had best success using the Victor plastic 'clamshell' type traps.  They
are self-setting when you squeeze the back of the hinge.  They aren't
slippery to use and a raisin is just the perfect size to slip over the
bait-tongue.  I like using raisins because they are substantial bait (can't
be licked off like peanut butter) and clean to put on.

The traps aren't dangerous (snappy-fickle) to us, or pets, but they kill the
mice quick.  I even saw an execution happen.  The traps are reuseable, just
pick up the trap and dispose of the mouse by squeezing the back of the hinge
again.  Often, there is plenty of bait for the next victim.

This way, no mouses die in the walls.  If a mouse is lucky to escape once,
they will come back for more bait.  The clamshell closes tight enough that a
second mouse doesn't make off with the bait.  I've tried many different
trapping methods over the years, and these keep the cheese.

Jay Griffin