RE: [A/S] More towing stuff and a question

Rob, Yes I agree with you, the problem you are experiencing may be because
of the 3/4 ton suspension.  If you try to squat the front and rear of a 3/4
ton vehicle evenly you might overload the front suspension since the rear
was designed to carry more weight. In your case I suggest that you unhook,
place a piece of tape on the front bumper and measure the height of the
front of your Suburban. Since your rear suspension was designed to take the
extra weight your goal should be just to keep the front end of the Suburban
down to the unloaded height. Hook up with your fully loaded trailer and
experiment with the number of links needed to bring the front of your tow
vehicle back down to where it belongs. If you feel that you are working too
hard to get the bars into the proper link, try raising the front of the
trailer further. Do not worry that you are working to bars too hard. If you
bought the correct size bars you have nothing to worry about. They were
designed to take the stress.

Be sure that the ball height (unhitched) is where it belongs, I THINK that
it is somewhere near 17 3/4 inches, but check me on that. If you do these
two things you should be properly set up. I have my hitch adjusted this way
and am very pleased with the results.

Please note, I do not recommend the above method for 1/2 ton tow vehicles.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander
1993 F250