RE: [A/S] Equalizing Hitches (was: Dura-Torque)

Continuing on...........  the bozo holding the eq bars has a lot of weight
in his hands.  Weight that is 'hooked onto' the tong of the trailer.  + the
original weight of the trailer tong = even more weight  ALL going down onto
the ball.  BUT  but but the ball itself is being lifted into the air.
THEREFORE, there is more -pressure- on the ball and socket, than without the
eq bars.  Now, physics (Newton's 1st law) for every action there is an = and
opposite reaction, so where is this pressure (or weight) coming from.  Well,
the back of the car and front of the trailer, thus producing a lift.  Like a
childs teeter totter, center up, ends down.  The ends being the front of the
tow vehicle and tail of the trailer.

Flame away, guys.  You got my crew laughing on the floor as it is.  (well
not at you, but with you.)

And as for hitching,  I would drop the tong on the ball, lock it.  Then
crank away to the sky.  I had my chains marked so that I knew exactly which
one to hook onto.  I could do it all by hand.  No pressure needed for the
chain hook.  Then crank the jack back up.  I don't know why some of these
guys are out there with pry bars, and big boots.

Kimm
X -'65 Globe Trotter.