[A/S] Found the leak

I have finally put together the problems with the back of our 65
Overlander.  I posted pictures under the 'Clos' folder with some very
blurry close-ups of the 'hinge' that covers the bumper tray in the
back.  Apparently,the 'hinge' has been cut...both sides have been cut
off, and this just funnels the water into the trailer at both sides.
I don't know how this was supposed to be originally, apparently the
hinge was connected to the trailer under the trim strip that wraps
around the back.  Has anyone ever removed that strip to do repairs?
I'm afraid after I drill out the rivets and make the repair, the trim
strip won't go back correctly.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
This is difficult to work on because there are no other Airstreams in
town to look at for a reference.
The floor is rotten under the linoleum at the very back.  You can see
it peaking out in one of the pictures.  Only a strip on each
corner about 1 to 1.5 inches wide and 6 inches long is rotten.  This
together with the plumbing leaks, have kept things 'moist' back there
and created the smell.  Everything still seems stable, potty, tub,
etc.  Just thinking of replacing that piece of the floor, with
everything that would have to be removed, gives me a headache!
Thanks for any suggestions,
Joe