[A/S] ? Aftermarket Overdrives \ Underdrives ?

Hey guys,  another trannie / gear question.

Have you or anyone else equipped a tow vehicle with an auxiliary over /
under drive unit of any kind.  I know there are a few on the market that
sound good.  The one I really liked (never owned) was called an American
Eagle.  I believe it was made \ manufactured in Redding Calif.  I also
believe that it replaced your TH400 rear nose cone, allowing it to also use
the same trannie fluid reservoir.  I don't remember its max hp limit, but it
was suppose to be quite high.  I think it came as an over drive or an under
drive unit, your choice.

I saw a nice 92 Burb set up in Farmington, New Mexico.   A 4 X 4, diesel,
Super oil cooler, super auto trans cooler with it's own fan and thermostat,
and an overdrive unit.  He claimed hills were no problem and with 8 forward
gears he could keep up with a friends Chev. 454 when both were towing.  The
only difference was, he could skip every other fill-up.

Blast away with opinions, ideas, and Facts, or any other info you want to
add.

Thanks,
Kimm