[A/S] Black Tank

Well, I finally got the metal pan around the black tank removed
and...that was a replacement pan.  Apparently sometime back someone
had 'fixed' the problem by leaving the slow sewer leak alone, and
installing a slightly larger metal pan around the old pan.  Now I'm
removing the original pan parts that are left.
Phil, thanks for the drawings of the pan, it would have been very
difficult to know what size the original was.
The black tank does not leak, but the drain pipe is the problem.  It
has a slow leak at the connection to the tank.  The blade valve
connections are leaking also.  The gray water pipe has a crack at the
'y' junction with the black tank drain.  I can't find a replacement so
I may just glue this one as best I can and put in new gaskets.
This has been the source of our strange odor.  After this, I should
have everything done (yea, right!).
I don't know what type of insulation to put into the new pan either.
The old pan(s) are/were full of a damp, smelly, mush.  And who can
forget those famous words to live by..."If it's wet and it's not
yours, DON'T TOUCH IT!".
Does anyone have any suggestions on any of this?  I know this has been
discussed in detail before, but that was when it wasn't my problem.
Boy, do I feel silly now.  Thanks.
Joe