Re: [A/S] age

Pearl

I don't know who you are are how old you are, but I know I know my wife and
I would be happy to spend an evening around  campfire with you!  Well said.
We wouldn't even suspect you of loose morals, or care if that was the case.
We are probably considered young (mid thirties?) but I think age is not the
issue.  In addition to our '63 Safari, we also have done a great deal of
camping and rallying on our BMW motorcycles, and those rallies are
invariably attended by folks 16 to 80.  We've found friends from every
decade of age.  Is that a phrase?

The only thing that does tick me off, though, is ridiculous rules and
restrictions while on vacation.  We attended a motorcycle rally on Lake
Fontana in North Carolina about two years ago where the campground was
literally surrounded by cops.  We went riding with a friend of ours (a cop)
and were stopped four times for "license checks." I am not making this up: a
police helicopter over flew the rally site blaring the "bad boys" theme.
Primarily, you've got doctors and lawyers on BMW bikes with Geritol in the
tank bags. Heck, I'm an architect. This whole thing was silly.  But I
ramble.  The point is that, yes, you'll scare off us "young folks" if there
is the noise police and the dog poop police and many busybodies trying to
control every action. That is not relaxing.  But, if everybody just camps
and relaxes and eats good food and visits, all ages will come (and probably
bring their dogs)!

Finally, and I pity the poor people who've made it this far, short caravans
for people who are not retired sounds great.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a big shiny toaster.

Randy
--
Randall Lanou
BuildSense, Inc.