[A/S] Water Pump

Don Horn,

Thirteen years ago, shortly after I purchsed it, I replaced the
pressurized tank with a plastic one and demand pump.  Anyone still using
the pressure tank take warning.  The pressurized tank that was in mine
looked like the old galvanized hot water tanks.  The first time out,
after I had made it beautiful and replaced a lot of frozen plumbing I
took it to the welder to move the LP tanks forward and put a place for
the battery on the tongue.  When I arrived at our Rally it was dinner
time.  I mentioned that I would sure appreciate it if someone would help
me hook up the wires.  By the time I was through helping in the kitchen
the wiring was done.  I thought how fortunate to have such good friends.
 They said," turn the pump on".
What a suprise! The whole bottom went out of the tank.  All over the
floor.   There had been no way to drain it so I cut a piece off my new
water hose and syphoned it out.  Plenty of water left in the carpet.
Here in the west you find areas, specifically Arizona where the is so
much salt in the water that it eats tanks up. Another good A/S helped me
install a plastic tank.

I think that it would be quite simple to put a small plastic tube from a
hole in or near the top of the tank and run it to the fixture where you
fill the tank.  Some of those filler fixtures have a small hole with a
screen in it, you can attach the plastic tube to that.

Hope this helps,
Kathy