Re: [A/S] 1976 Argosy

My first Argosy was a '77, 20ft "Minuet" Argosy and there was nothing
unusual about it that requires specail attention that you would  give to
any airstream purchase.  Be aware that the end caps on the Argosy are
steel and if they have any dents etc. they can  be repairewd fairly
inexpensively,  like an autombile fender (unlike the Aluminum on A/S).
The paint on Argosy's can be restored to a nice appearance with a good
polish job, again much like an automobile.  My "Minuet" model was  about
6" narrower and lighter then standard models and am not sure they had
that model in '76.  Also be aware that the large front curved windows
cannot be replaced unless you find a used one someplace or some dealer
maybe has one left over.  New wrap around windows from a/s don't work,
even those before the wide body.  The price sounds out of this world and
if windows are intact I would grab it.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC