Re: RE: [A/S] Another A/S dealer drops out

"Does A/S allow their dealers to sell other brands?"
They must, because the other two dealers in Northern
Calif.  have lots full of SOB's and one had only one
A/S and the other had a total of three on the lot.
The dealer in Manteca had only those three A/S out of
a total of probably over a hundred new units made by
other manufacturers.  We frequently talk to a dealer
in the Fremont area.  Total quality place, two
brothers took over after their father retired.  I
asked him why he didn't sell A/S. He feels that people
that buy A/S can pretty much go anywhere and they buy
where they can get the lowest price.  Adding the cost
of shipping the units to Calif., he doesn't feel he
could be competitive.  He thinks it would be all
repair and warantee work.  The dealers are paid a flat
rate for warantee work, and there is a big debate
between the dealers and the makers of RV's right now.
The rate reimbursed to the dealers just doesn't cover
the labor costs in Calif. and some other states.  So
we are still looking.  Do we buy SOB from a reputable
dealer who is close by and will give good service, or
do we buy the A/S we really want from a dealer with a
not so great reputation who is several hours away?  Carol

=====
. . .from sunny California!