RE: [A/S] Re: Spousal Sleeping Arrangements was Towing

I didn't see the original post that prompted this, but it does bring up
something I've been wondering about.  My parents slept in a double bed,
but most people nowdays are used to sleeping two to a queen-sized or
even a king-sized bed.  We looked at a new Bambi this past Saturday and
agreed that there is no way that the two of us could be comfortable in
the tiny double bed provided (and we're NOT big people).   Why do new
trailers come with such old-fashioned-sized beds?

When we started thinking about getting a travel trailer, we had three
main considerations: 1) a comfortable bed, 2) indoor plumbing, and 3)
climate control.  Given those priorities, we would gladly sacrifice some
galley space for sleeping comfort, but most trailers seem to have
devoted quite a bit of space to the kitchen area and give less
consideration to comfortable sleeping arrangements.

It looks like the best we can do with our 17' 1968 Caravel is to have
front and streetside gaucho beds, each sleep in one of them, and pull
them out at night and put them up in the morning.  We have been able to
draw out a better floor plan for that length trailer on paper (rear bed
or beds, center bath and galley), but it would involve way too much
work, and would transform it from a Caravel into something else, and we
do like the idea of a certain amount of originality.

Just pondering,
Cynthia