RE: [A/S] door widths

I was sort of thinking along the same line - the railroad sidings concept,
for instance.  As far as the sling is concerned, our ex-landlady had a crane
and sling for getting into the pool.  The 'extensability' (for lack of a
better word) was limited - it was a hydraulic jack, basically - but an
electric (or manual - I'm paranoid about systems)winch would work fine.

I've seen some of my friends' systems in their cars, and the
customizers/installers get pretty wild with the things they can do.  For the
car, however, insurance/medicare/VA will help, due to the disability
clauses.  For a travel trailer?  You'd need a friend, methinks, who's handy
as hell with a wide range of available hardware.

*grin* I'm actually sitting here thinking this out, and an extendable arm
with an A-frame would minimize the work inside the trailer as far as support
goes...or using the awning hardware? beefed up?  Hmmmmm....... Our
wheelchair-bound individual would probably still need some help.  Wait! I'm
poor and don't have an automatic awning, but THOSE are available...Hmmm.....
They DO make some small wheeled chairs - just have to get inside the d*****d
trailer and move around on that.......