Re: [A/S] New owner, lame manual.

I have always liked Explorers... a few years back I flew to Denver and rented
one for a week.  Always thought I would buy one someday if I wanted a little
runabout.

With all the problems they have had with Firestone tires blowing out I have
to wonder if there's not something intrinsically wrong with the way they are
designed and balanced.  They have a high center of gravity and a short
wheelbase.

Not saying the design is causing the blowouts.... but I think they should be
handling the blowouts better.

I had a blowout in my Mercedes at 60 mph.... and simply pulled the car off to
the side of the road.

Because of the way the Explorers flip I would hesitate to use one as a tow
vehicle. I just don't think they are stable enough.

My opinion...based on observation, not facts.

Hunter