Re: [A/S] Re: Exterior Glass

Scott,

I have a page that I wrote for replacing (rebuilding) the vent covers on
our 31' Excella. Just do a search on the Lexan name that I have in the
page.

     http://64.33.167.222/airstream/chapter02.html

There is some info there about the Lexan that I found, in Smoke, I think
that this is the only way that it comes.

As far as the heating, the trick is to heat everything uniformly. I would
think that it would be possible to use a torch of some kind, but I don't
know how well you would be able to spread the flame so that the heat is not
concentrated. I do know from my plastics class that concentrated heat along
line works very well for bend sheet plastic into boxes and such.

You may also be able to find a plastics job shop with a oven that they
might let you use to bend things with.

bobb

Hope it helps some.