[A/S] Southwind Hotel

Hi Gang,

I really hated the idea of staying in a hotel... it was traumatic enough to
give up my trailer for a week..... but the thought of a hotel without my
kitties was more than I could stand.

I was grousing at a Billy Sims salesman because they donlt have "loaners"
while your rig is in the shop..especially since there are no hotel rooms this
weekend in Lubbock....
He suggested I go to Sexton's Auto Shop where they might have an RV for rent.

I went and there were two dilapidated old motorhomes.... I mean late 60s
"bread truck" looking things..... at least it's a roof and a bed I thought to
myself.

I went inside and asked the owner.... "Yes, I have a motorhome to rent."
"Great....how much?" I inquired thinking $10.00 a day would be generous for
those old clunkers. I explained my situation and that it would live at the
KOA all week.

"Well, I usually get $150.00 a day, but since you don't want to drive it I
can work with you..... $250.00 for a week."

I stared at him incredulously......

"Let me think about it", I stammered. (Thinking hmmm....buy a 500.00 MH and
lease it for $150.00 a day!!!!!)

I started back to the truck then turned and said, "Can I see the inside?"

He looked at me weirdly and said..."No, it's not here."

"It's not one of the ones outside?", I asked....

He  said,  "No, it's a 1997 35 foot Fleetwood Southwind....."

Bahahahahaha!!!!  We both howled when we realized what had happened......
they were in for repairs...

"I'll take it."

This morning I got up and moved the dogs and cats into Don's trailer and
packed the bare necessities.....I left all my stuff on the picnic table (c:

It was horrible giving up my home. I drove it to Billy Sims and said goodbye.

The motorhome was delivered to me here.  It's awesome!!!  It's like an
apartment in the Trump Tower..... I'll never give up my little
Airstream...but I will enjoy my week in this monster.  The kitties and dogs
have moved in.  The cats are giving every inch of the place a thorough
inspection.... the sunny dashboard meets with their approval.

It even has a roof mounted satellite dish!!! Two tvs and a VCR.....

Hunter, sitting at the dinette