[A/S] question about power

First: I did a very dumb thing. I have the a/s in a storage yard with
no electricity. I plugged the trailer into my 1500 watt inverter and
tried out the air conditioner. The fans blew very strong but the
compressor did not work. So I ordered a new one over the net and now
I realize that more than likely the compressor would not work off the
inverter even if new. The old one was unbelievably trashed but I bet
it worked.
Second: I also have a solar panel which I was thinking of putting on
the roof. How does one juggle shore power, solar power, an inverter,
and a generator?
Third, The univolt probably will not work with the inverter either,
right?
Dave