Re: [A/S] Re: Exterior Glass

James,

I did this for an older Cadillac side window. It had a horizontal bend to it. I
first cut the shape from some lexan, and then using a house hold oven, you may
need to use something like a pizza oven if sizing is a problem. I built my own
form out of plywood and pine backers, the pine boards I used to bend the plywood
over to get the right bend. I just laid the sheet of  Lean over the form and in
the oven it went. I was a bit concerned about the wood starting on fire, but
never had a problem with it. The heat setting is a bit tricky depending on how
thick, how fast, and how much of a bend you want in the plastic sheet.

There was a post to this group some time back about doing something similar to
this, you may be able to find it in the archives somewhere.

The end product, served the vehicle well, right up to the time that I junked it.
Be ware that the plastic might start to craze a bit if left out in the sun, I've
since found a material that is UV proof, I say proof, because it has a ten year
warranty concerning UV exposure.

Hope it helps some.

bobb

--