Re: [A/S] Olema, mounting an alternator to recharge your batteries question

Oliver,
         As you have heard from the responses thusfar, most all trailer
owners rely on the alternator of the pulling vehicle to charge the
trailer's batteries.

The technology that you are referring to IS happening in different areas of
research and development like hybrid automobiles where braking energy is
used to charge the batteries.  I would say to watch the hybrids for a
automotive scale charging capability.

Bicycles have hub dynamos that charge batteries and power lights.  The best
hubs are quite efficient but do have a drag which will be a fact of life
for any generating system.

While I would keep an eye on the hybrid technology the immediate solution
is the conventional 7 pin wire from your puller , . . Wire not? :)

Bob Kiger
WBCCI #2857
66 Safari