[A/S] Lubbock, TX - October 9, 2000

Hi Gang,

Well, I was going to take two days to drive from Tucumcari to Lubbock.....
but as I was cruising along I-40 at 70 mph my skylight flew off the roof. (c:
 Don told me on the CB.  "Did it hit you?" I inquired. "Nope, it went into
the median...."

<sigh>  Well, as it's so cold out I knew the critters and I were not going to
be comfortable with a gaping hole in the roof so we plowed on to Lubbock.  I
sent Don to the KOA to reserve us spaces and I went to Billy Sims.....  I
threw myself on their mercy and they inserted the new skylight I had been
toting along in the back of the truck.  I was waiting to install it til after
I got past the hail country.

They also wrote up estimates on my 4 claims.... the hail damage, the tree,
the ditch and the blowout.  Foremost isn't going to be happy )c:

I was as charming as I can be and they are starting the work this
Wednesday!!!  I am thrilled.

From what I could see from the loop I'm going to like Lubbock.  Not the least
reason one of my favorite restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack) is here, also Sam's
Club, A super Walmart...TJ Maxx and Tuesday morning...... good shopping.

The trailer will take a week.  Tomorrow I will look around for a hotel to
stay in.

From what I could tell Billy Sims was a great choice.  Nice people, a great
parts store... and a superb reputation.... I'm really glad I chose this
repair center.

So, that's life here in Lubbock.  I'll miss my trailer.....

Hunter