[A/S] Exterior Glass

Hi Todd McGonagle,

A few months ago, I replaced the front window in one of our Airstreams after a rock decided to visit
us. Fortunately, the existing glass did not shatter, but developed a million cracks that didn't fall
apart until after I'd had a chance to position a drop cloth. Then, when I pushed the window out, it
was like a waterfall with 90% of the pieces falling into the drop cloth. It was an easy clean up and
I didn't cut myself.

When I went to the Glass Doctor, he told me about all the different types of glass he could use as a
replacement. I selected the type that has two layers, one of which is a tinted plastic ($87). I did
not want the type that would shatter into slivers and get into our upholstery if a big rock went
through the stone shield and window.

Why don't you talk with your guy before deciding? Bring the frame into his shop so he can visualize
the size and the purpose. I dropped mine off in the morning and it was ready that evening.

Terry