Re: [A/S] '66 Caravel

I get it - curved windows, meaning bowed.  Not rounded corners or the
front curved windows found on the later Caravels.  Interesting to know
about the changeover from the 1965 flat glass Hehr windows to the '66
Corning glass Phillips windows.  Makes you wonder why A/S abandoned
their old vendor Hehr.  Maybe it was the crappy pot-metal openers?  That
also explains why the currently available Hehr window retainer material
only fits a couple of year model trailers.  Did the front & back windows
go to Phillips enclosures also?  I'm taking a laptop to Olema to take
notes, Krista is going to kill me  ;>)

I've cut & heat formed Lexan before for dial glass replacement on
antique radios, and it's not easy task to not booger the surface.  It
took quite a few prototypes to get the techique down. There is a local
glass company that does sheet glass forming, I'll have to see if
tempering is an option. >