Re: [A/S] Prepurchase Inspection

My 1966 Safari had a lot of caulking which I had to remove bit by bit while
polishing.  So far I have seen no leaks but I haven't seen heavy rains
yet.  I just let the polisher take off any caulking that was
protruding.  Thinking back a lot of caulking came off when I  stripped the
clear coat with Bix.

I am not a technician but I would check the following for Univolt:
1.       Make sure you have a good battery to begin with.
2.       Put a voltmeter on the battery.
3.       You should be getting 12 - 13.5 volts
4.       While plugged into AC check all lights, reefer and heater fan

This actually goes beyond checking the Univolt but is good to do.

Bob Kiger
VAC "bad boy"  http://MrMinimal.com
1966 Safari - WBCCI #2857