RE: [A/S] how much does my 68 overlander 26'er weigh?

The only way to know for sure is to take it and get it weighed. You need a
loaded weight, not an empty weight (which is probably all that your owners
manual will give you). If you can find an empty weight be sure to add
between 1000 and 1500 pounds for options, water, propane, and stuff. You may
think that this is way too much, but I assure you that it is very easy to
add this much weight to the trailer. For example my 1960 Overlander has an
empty weight of 3250 according to a sales brochure. I loaded it as I
normally would for my wife and I for a weekend getaway (I have had it
pounded into my head since the age of 7 that you take as little as
possible), then took it to the local public scales. It weighs 4170 when
loaded this way. When I go on longer trips more stuff goes in, the weight
goes up nearly 500 pounds more, for a total stuff weight of 1420 pounds!

All this said, you need a tow vehicle to take it to be weighed, and you are
trying to find one SO... I will venture a guess of between 5500 and 6000
pounds. Yes your Overlander will weigh more than mine. Yours has a heavier
frame, an additional axle and much more stuff built into it that mine.

Unless you know that you will only be traveling a minimal distance over flat
land for several years to come (and no chance of you getting another bigger
trailer) it is almost always less expenseve in the long run to get more of a
tow vehicle than you presently need.

Scott