RE: [A/S] a new 2000 Ford Excursion Limited

Saturday, September 23, 2000

Since it's brand new, 2 days, I'm just beginning to get an AVG/MPG on the
built-in computerized overhead display - 45 miles up to Cheyenne, WY - was
showing 14.5 Bo(  I'm sure it'll get better as it get more broken in - jeez
I hope so!!  LOL  No published AVE/MPG on the window sticker - it's
classified as a commercial vehicle and is not required to show those
numbers.  Here on this list we've seen some listee's who are getting pretty
good mileage.

Lots of the performance enhancers promise to increase performance and
increase mileage.  One that I went to get at the Auto parts store today is a
K&N air filter that just replaces the regular paper type - 3 times better
air flow through (they didn't have the one I needed, they'll order it).  As
I was there it dawned on me that they make the same thing for regular cars
too.  I'll get better performance in my other vehicles - DUH  LOL.  Not even
a mechanical job - just switch the filter.  Cool stuff -
http://www.dieselpage.com/knair.htm.  Boy I feel like a kid again Hot Roding
it.  I promised Hunter I wouldn't "drag race"  LOL   Bo)

Spencer
spncr@verinet.com