[A/S] Disappointed and Discouraged

Thanks again to those of you who replied and emailed suggestions and
information about looking for an Airstream.  Us newbees appreciate
the help from you oldees. :)

I went and viewed a 72 31' Sovereign last night.  The lady wanted
$7500 for it.  After taking an hour long look at it, I came away
dicouraged about what I could buy for the money we have to spend.  If
this trailer is any indication, I may have to go buy one of those
smaller newer cereal boxes they call trailers.

The trailer I viewed was advertised as "mint" and "excellent" and I
found it to be "fair" and "good".  The interior was very good except
for the rolling doors that seemed to all be in need of repair.
Everything else was there and in nice shape.  The exterior was aweful
in my opinion.  It had about 5 or 6 good size dents and a bunch of
smaller dents and scratches.  The oxidation was taking over and the
frame had heavy surface rust on it.  There is a lot of work to be
done on a trailer like this.  Does this sound about right?  I
wouldn't want to pay any more than 4-5K for a trailer in this
condition.  It would take too much money and effort to bring it back
to its proper condition.

I can only hope that future trailers I look at are in better shape.

In any case the GVW for this trailer is 7100#.  That's heavier than I
would like.  So, I'll take it down one size and look for a nice 27'
unit.  Anyone know what the mid 70's 27' (Overlander) empty and gross
weights are?  I'm looking for something w/ a GVW under 6000#.

Enough Rambling...
Thanks again,
Jeff Golias