RE: [A/S] $$$Bambi?

Sarah & Steve,

The reason for the difference in price is mainly the difference in quality.
A few years ago I camped in a 5 year old non Airstream that was in
deplorable shape. You could tell that its parts were of very poor quality
and workmanship. My then 37 year old Airstream (that had not been restored)
was in MUCH better shape. Probably in better shape than the non Airstream
ever was. Of course my Airstream did not have the amenities of the newer
one, but I go camping to get away from it all, not to take it with me. I
would highly recommend an Airstream. I would not hesitate to purchase any
older Airstream as long as it has been well taken care of and It suited your
needs. If you can afford a brand new one, more power to you, but you need
not shy away from a used one as a used one probably has many more miles and
years left in it as a brand new just about anything else.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 26' Overlander