Re: [A/S] 64 GT sewer fittings

I have been struggling with this for years and still have not found a
satisfactory solution other than converting the sewer outlet to the present
standard. Just because it says Thetford on it doesn't mean it will fit.   I
haave a rather large collection of adaptors that I was told would fit!
Another VAC member gave me some parts which kind of work ( the seal isn't
real good, but since I only use it for grey water, it is OK.  I use a porta
potty instead of the black water tank it I'm in the boonies.) I think it is
the Thetford to Valterra adaptor.
The white plastic outlet from the back of the trailer has four "ramps" on it
and the  adaptor has only two ell shaped tabs.  I can make it fit if I am
very careful how I put it on.  I still have the original cast aluminum
Airstream part that fits on and I can put a slinky on it if I warm the
plastic and work real hard so I keep that for hooking up to a sewer in a
park.  For traveling to seal the line, I put on the adaptor and then a
Valterra cap. Sometimes it stays on  sometimes it doesn't but at worst there
is just a little bit of grey water that escapes.  I also use the latter
adaptor for using the blue waste water tank. Since there is a pan under where
the adaptors fit, if it falls off, I can retreive it.

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado