FW: [A/S] 220 volt surge

Thanks for the good information.  Just as a follow-up, the owner is a nice
enough guy, but I won’t get much out of him.  He thought he plugged the
power cable into a 220 line in the kitchen of the bar/hotel, since
abandoned, next to the Airstream.  I’ll check the power cable – if it still
has the original end I think it’s a good bet he’s just confused.  I’ll let
you know.
Chuck
I may be crazy, but I am considering purchasing a "project" Airstream.  I
have a 1983 31' Excella in great shape, but keep getting drawn to an old
1972 Overland that I think I could get for less than $500.  The shell looks
decent, but the inside needs a lot of work.  The owner swears everything
worked when he parked it several years ago - but there's no way to find out
and I'm assuming the worst.  Among many things he said that sent up a flag
was that he thought the trailer ran on 220 volts.  He thinks he plugged it
into a 220 volt outlet.  If he did, and with his deal there's just no way to
find out, would all the electrical devices and the univolt have been
damaged?
Thanks,
Chuck Smith
83 Excella