[A/S] Refurishing price list 1976 31' Sovereign

Although I have not completed everything that I want to do to my 1976 31'
Sovereign, I have accomplished quite a bit. As others have pointed out to
those looking to buy and older AS, you must consider the time required for
the project, your capabilities and the cost of refurbishing when you find
that trailer you want. My wife and I did almost all of the work ourselves,
except replacing the converter and inspecting and repairing the propane
system and putting on the new tires. The following price list might come in
handy as guide to what the cost of various items run. I would estimate that
I have spent around 200 hours working mostly on the weekends over the past
three months. At this point I would feel comfortable and safe taking the
trailer most anywhere and the time and money I have spent has given me a
classic Airstream that will last me a long time. Hope this might be interest
and help. Good luck with your projects.

Change existing copper water system to plastic "Pex tubing. All tubing and
fittings, $248.94

Install wood parquet floors throughout. All material, glue, and tools,$236

Replace existing outside vent covers (3) with plastic replacements from
Airstream, $96.84

Replace existing inside vent/light cover (3) with new white covers from
Airstream, $34.47

Replace three way light switch (3) @ $11.95 each

Replace round ceiling light cover (1) with new one from Airstream, $23.59

Replace light covers in bathroom (2) with new ones from Airstream, $27.54

Replace fridge and freezer door gasket with new ones from Dometic, $85

Custom Made curtains from Jim Ambruso, front windows only, $371. The back
windows would have cost and additional $305 which we can order at a later
date if needed.

Upholster front couch/bed, fabric and buttons, $180

Replace all amber and red running lights (10), $49.90

Silver level Tamarack for front of trailer, $24.50

Thetford Aurora toilet, $205.00

Water fixtures, kitchen, bath sink and shower, $188

Magnatek 7455 (55 amp) Converter, $265 - Labor to install $58

LPG Regulator $41.95 - Labor to install $29

LPG pigtails 2 @ $7.95 each - $14.50

Water Heater pilot assembly $26.95

Four 7.00 / 15 LT 8 ply non-radial tires, installed and balanced $324.15

Window tint $75

Misc repairs and materials(includes saw blades, bits, replacement bulbs,
water filter, window screens, rivets, ect, $350

Don Hardman