Re: [A/S] Re: Polishing question

Are you sure you are not working on Aluminum Oxide.... Try some rubbing
compound like 3M Perfectit II ( at Trac Auto or NAPA, I find heavy cut is
about like Rolite pre polish)  If you get black after a few rubs, you are
working on the aluminum.... no black then some kind of coating....

I have been using Strip Eze from Savogran in the semi paste (flows like
ketchup) and that will definitely cut clear coat....after a few minutes the
coat will start to bubble....no bubble, its not the regular clear coat....I
have heard of , but have no experience with some other coating processes...
If it were something other than an Airstream, I would suspect
anodizing...There was a military process that was discussed briefly some
time ago and who knows, someone might have had the connections to try it....

Good Luck
Jim Clark    78 Safari....currently at about the 90% complete hand polished
status...not counting the roof....I left the roof as is, thinking I might
paint white like the new units....