Re: [A/S] Ready to Rock&Roll

In the time since list changed servers I have been searching for a powerful
polisher.  I tried several cheapies and busted them.

Finally found this Black & Decker machine that looks like a polisher, but
has a 1/2" chuck.  It is 8 amps and two speeds, 1300 rpm and 300 rpm.  Does
anybody know what this machine is?

I machined a reduction tool to adapt from the chuck to standard 5/8"
threaded rod and set upon testing the unit.  The panel I did was really
shiny.  I used AP-300 but will also be testing Mother's Carnauba Wax.

My questions are:  Since the machine is so powerful, could I not put a 9"
buffer pad (as opposed to 7") thereby increasing the pad to surface speed?

Secondly:  The mess created on my body is dramatic.  I am planning on a
full mechanics suit, old boots and thick gloves. Does anyone have good
methods for protecting face, hair and lungs?

It's nice to be back

Bob Kiger
http://MrMinimal.com