[A/S] Water trickles

We took our 72 27 Ambassador out for our first trip to the WA
beach...Lovely weather for 5 days, then a morning drizzle.  We enjoyed
our coffee and watched the trickles going down the inside of the window
screens...The trickles appeared on all the side opening windows and on
the vista vue windows. On the two twin bed windows, the water drops also
appeared under the horizontal inside skin seam on either side of the
windows.  No rot or water stains on the wood flooring under window areas
(no *bad* leaks, yet).  The vista vues have moisture inside and are
cloudy.

My gratis retired A&P mechanic thinks the culprit is the seals around
the windows themselves.  At age 28, they probably have the tiniest of
leaks...Or maybe large ones clogged with the dirt of ages...;-)

He asked that I tap the experience of the group...Are the riveted frames
around the windows typically the culprit?  Clean out the frame/body seam
and reseal with Vulkem as discussed on the list?  What about the riveted
aluminum skin seams across the top and ends?  Vent cover frames are
obvious...We replaced one with a Fantastic Vent and resealed.  The other
two need to be cleaned/resealed also along with the A/C.  Any other
suggestions?

The manual also shows procedure for taking the Vista Vues out and
draining...Has anyone done this?  Experience and advice would be
appreciated!  What is the seal material between the Al skin and frame?
What spacer material is used between the two window panes?

Judy White
72 27 Ambassador
WBCCI #5040 (red) and VAC