Re: [A/S] Texture Paint

Mike,
The Zolatone is still available from automotive paint stores.  It is
pretty easy to get great results. Taking a piece of painted trim to the
store and match the background color and the texture color.  They are
sprayed on  - an adjustable paint sprayer is ideal, those little spray
can jars will do for touch-up.  Key is to practice till you match the
look, then spray.   It may have been in the Skylarks trunk - it was used
in trunks for may years until the fiberboard liners became the norm.

Here is an example of the colors available.
http://www.autobodysupply.net/Zolatonecolors.htm

You are unlimited in color choices just by the fact that the background
color is separate from the texture colors, and you can mix and match
these to come up with any effect desired.  For example, we used the
Camille White on a Taupe background to exactly match the finish in our
'65 Caravel.

Even if I were doing a complete interior gut-job, I would use this stuff
- it is very durable, hides defects, and washes well.  We use "Natures
Orange" by Trewax to wipe off the first owners tar & nicotine build-up
(yes, they both eventually died from lung cancer, according to the
second owner).   Interior looks like new, only 35 years later!

RJ
http://members.home.net/dial/vintageairstream/vas_home.html