Re: [A/S] Ford Excursion Brochure

In a message dated 8/30/00 8:23:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
spncr@verinet.com writes:

<< Went by my local Ford place to look at the Excursion, after reading about
how Hunter is so happy with the 250 Super Duty w/diesel, wow, some vehicle. >>

In case anyone wonders why I opted for the crew cab truck over the
Excursion.... my reasons were simple. 1. I felt the crew cab truck would be
safer for the dogs and me in case of an accident.
2. I wanted the Beaver Bed and couldn't have it in the Excursion.

There's also more room in the crew  cab for *stuff*

The thing about the safety is I have lots of heavy stuff crammed in the back
of the truck.  A tool kit, another tool kit with my Makita drill, table and
chairs, hitch up stuff, dog food, cat food, kitty litter, car washing stuff,
laundry stuff....  metal dog X-pen.... large heavy things that in case of an
accident would come crashing up front covering the dogs and me.  With the
crew cab, the dogs have a large back seat, with the platform I built and we
are in a separate compartment from the heavy flying killer objects in the
rear. To see the platform: http://members.aol.com/airstm2268/platform.htm
The Beaver Bed is the only way to go when you have a cap on the back over the
bed.  With my suburban I had areas in the rear that I couldn't reach from the
back door or the rear..... the BB eliminated not being able to reach
everything in the back of the truck.
http://www.beaverbedsystems.com/beaver98/default.asp

Of course a pick up is more flexible..... I can remove the cap (well *I*
can't) and I have a pick up. (c:

As Brady likes to ride up in the other front seat I did disconnect the air
bag on that side.  The extended cabs allow you to disconnect on the dash... I
had to get in behind the glove compartment to do it.  I live with a little
airbag light in the lit posttion on the dash... better than having a dog with
a broken neck.

Bruiser is looking especially spiffy after a visit to the trim shop.
New stainless steel rocker panels. A silver double pin stripe, wheel well
trim, new body side protection moldings (the factory ones were too short)
and front seat windows were tinted...which really makes a difference in the
sun heat that comes in.
Go to egroups and click on FILE to see two photos.

Don't get me wrong, I think Excursions are great.... but for a full timer who
carries her basement in the truck bed I think the pickup is the safer way to
go.  Of course if upi have more than 5 passengers you have to go the
Excursion route.

Hunter