[A/S] Fwd: To Whom it May Concern - I am on the road again!

To Whom it May Concern -

Well, good thing Willie Nelson had a reprise of his "live" special last
night as I, too, am on the road again.  The trailer is pretty much back
together with only a couple of things not corrected.  I can go over
then next year when I am back in Jackson Center again.

I was up at 7:00 and out of bed by 7:20, showered, shaved and shined by
eight with a bowl of Grape Nuts in me.  I am never sure if Postum is
the leftovers of Grape Nuts or Grape Nuts the leftover of Postum.  I
believe that one is the byproduct of the other.  It was not easy to get
the trailer going again.  I had to overcome my own internal inertia
from being parked in the same spot in Jackson Center for a month.  And
changes in my life style made it hard to pull myself together and get
going.  With the help of another AS owner I got the Hensley attached
and after checking windows, doors, cords, wires, hoses and goodness
know what else I pulled out.  How sweet it immediatly was to be back
rolling.  Just like that rogue Toad in "Wind in the Willows" I found
that my canary yellow gypsy cart ,which looks remarkably like a silver
salami, blew away the doubts and worries of pre-departure noodling.

Working north on I-75 I stopped at a Flying J for propane.  The
attendant struggled for a while unable to understand why  my bottle was
not filling.  Finally he diagnosed it as his tank was empty.  The north
of Ohio and the south of Michigan are pretty much flat and
agricultural.  What it lacks in charm it more than makes up for in
abundance.  A quick stop a Campers World separated me from about $250
but cured my shopping jones for a while.  Just like Hunter, mine
doesn't stink, but I got a big bottle of EnviroChem to damp the odors
of visitors' deposits.  Theirs stinks.  ;o)

I am in a state campground in Metamoros, Michigan.  It is pretty nice.
More
crowded than I like and no hookups other than electricity but as it is
just for tonight I don't mind too much.  $16 is pretty cheap, but it
would be
more reasonable with running water and sewage.  But is just for
tonight, right?

Tomorrow is a drive southeast to Romeo.  Rings any bells with you folks
out there?  That is where the infamous "H" hitch is manufactured, I
think.  It is where I am turning in a damaged part for refund and
picking up some elephant ear mirrors for the truck,  A brother-in-law
suggested I get some mirrors that gave me some vision so I am.  These
are pretty big and I get a $50 discount, 1/3 off, because I own one of
the orange hitches.  See how much money I am saving!  ;o)

As soon as the mirrors are on I am off north for Sault St. Marie and
across to Canada.  Passport in hand and rabies documents for the pups
we three will charge across to the frozen north and sweep west, buying
cheese, Oka, and blankets, Hudson Bay, with a true shoppers fervor.
The exchange rate is so favorable that I should be able to afford new
blankets.  The two I have are about 25 years old and OK, but they will
wear out in the next 10 years or so so I might as well get one or two
against that occurrence.  I don't really plan on buying too much more
than that.  OK, T-shirts, too.

I'll let you know how it goes from here on.  In short the trip so far
has been less than exciting.  Things should pick up with those new
elephant ear mirrors as I will be able to see the back side of things
now after I pass the front side.

Oh, I almost forgot.  I will start keeping a journal with you about
other AS trailers I see and if the owners wave back.  Two trailers
today.  The first one ignored me but the second one, the one in the
afternoon north of Detroit, waved back.  I was also passed by a Ford
150 pulling a 21 or 23 foot old timer.  One with a faded blue
background behind the letters "AIRSTREAM" on his rear bumper.  One of
those ones so old it had a number of panels describing the curves of
the end caps rather than the three panels of today.  It looked pretty
well used, well maintained and had a mess of stickers on the back.  I
tooted as he passed but have no way of knowing if the driver tooted
back or even heard me.  So it is one for two.  I cannot really count
the guy who passed me.

Happy Trails.