[AirstreamList] Re: hhamp5246/tire.htm

Hunter:

     I took my trailer to Walt Barksdale in Ocala for repairs.  Tom
Gaines says that it's a real major job to replace the wheel-well
liners, that they extend under the floor, or someplace hard to get
at.
     He's repairing mine by re-positioning the existing liners, then
lining the whole thing with aluminum (I think that's what he's doing;
we'll pick the trailer up next Tuesday - then I'll know).
     I had damage to my 1972 trailer in a similar flat-tire
situation,
but the AS mechanics at Jackson Center managed to replace the outer
liner from the outside.  They told me that it would be major if they
had to remove the inner liner (apparently there are two, at least on
the older trailers; I don't think my 1995 has two).

- Dick
(5368)