The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] Close shave

So I finally saved up a few bucks to buy those items that would put the
shining touch on my coach.  I could live with $35 for one pound of AP-300
and $5 for a tube of Vulken sealant.

$22 for 100 Olympic rivets seemed like a fine deal until I came to the part
where I have to buy a $180 bit for my drill to shave off the head of the
Olympic rivet to make it look nice and pretty like the rest of the rivets
on my vintage coach.  There's always a catch!

So I guess I will have to use unshaved rivets.  Can I use Olympic and then
shave them sometime when I get near one of those tools OR are they pointed
little heads that have to be shaved immediately?

Thanks,
Bob
http://members.home.net/bobkiger