The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] US 50 - First Of Many Route Questions

I have been on that route before and it was desolate, very little scenery
and up to 150 miles or more between gas stops.  Even with dual tanks we ran
out of gas because some of the bergs on the map were ghost towns and had no
gas stations.  the "lonliest Highway in the world" signs under the HWY 50
signs said it all.  That was 10 years ago but I doubt its changed much.

Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
'56 Overlander
videll@olypen.com