The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] white oak interior?

The discussion about interior wood on various 60's trailers got me thinking.
Does anyone know if it was common practice at that time to custom order the
type of wood you wanted?  Our interior is clearly walnut...and I've seen
oak, ash, teak, and blond (birch?) interiors in others I've looked at.  I
even saw one once with some birdseye maple (but just accent pieces)...

Just wonderin' if that was the deal...kind of like the way you can order
different fabric/color interiors on new Airstreams...

Tom